STS Mesocycle 1 - Muscle Endurance Disc 1,2 & 3 - Review


Okay. Yes. I have DOMS!
My STS/Shock Cardio program has begun. I am using my 1rm results from last year's calculations. Redoing all of those 1rm test held little appeal to me. Even with that, I back of the target weight on many exercise to ease myself back into the program. And I still have DOMS. The reason for this is last year during week 4, I ended up hurting myself (lower back) and I don't want to be sideline by that type of injury again.
So the week started on Sunday with STS Disc 1 Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. I forgot how quickly this workout moves and how quickly 30 seconds (our rest time) goes by. I had equipment everywhere as I moved from exercise to exercise.
What I truly dislike about Meso 1 Muscle Endurance are all the push ups. In Disc 1, we had 136 total push ups - more if you count the fact that some sets were 1.5.
Looking at my workout card, I had a couple of areas where I wrote "Go Heavier". I have the word "tough" marked against the "Seated Lateral Raise Both Arms High Ends" move; and I have the word tough for the "Prone Pushups on the Stability Ball". Other than that, the workout moved quickly.
Disc 2 Back & Triceps. It amazes me that this workout is longer than the workout for Disc 1 Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. That workout clock in at 50 minutes. Disc 2 was a 56 minutes workout. This workout used the band quite a bit. This workout was the first time I really got to try out the Cathe Power Tower. I used this for my chin ups and pull ups. These two moves alone, make the Power Tower worth getting. Last year when doing STS, I didn't have the Power Tower and I went through various equipment trying to find the perfect item to perform these two moves. This workout moved slower to me than Disc 1. Cathe stop to explain a lot which could have something to do with it.
Disc 3 Legs. The leg workout had a very definite cardio feel. There were several moves where I felt my heart rate go up. The moves that were the toughest for me, were the moves that used the paper plate. I didn't really care for the wall moves that used the stability ball. My favorite exercise was the "One Leg Tough Down Squats".
I am not going to give a star rating for these individual discs. At the end of the Mesocycle, I will give a rating the Muscle Endurance Phase of STS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review