January Rotation - STS Mesocyle 1 + Shock Cardio


Click image for larger view.

Tomorrow I start the first leg of a 3 1/2 month total body conditioning program. I plan to change my eating as well to correspond with the exercise program and to achieve maximum results.

Posted to the left, you will find the first month's rotation. Actually this program doesn't go by months but by cycles. Each cycle, called a Mesocycle is 4 weeks long. After each fourth week, you get a week off from weight training. This time off is called Active Recovery. During this time I am permitted to do any type of exercise except for weight training.

The first cycle is called Muscle Endurance and it, as well as all the other mesocycles are broken down into a three day split. In Mesocycle 1, the first weight split day features chest, shoulders, and biceps, second split day features back and triceps and the third split day features legs.

The basic framework of this program was put together by Cathe Friedrich. I have organized the cardio in my own way, to include not only Cathe cardio workouts, but workouts from other Advance Instructors like Amy Bento and Tracey Staehle. I will also be adding in treadmill work featuring programs by Cardio Coach.

I think the next 3 1/2 months are going to be tough, but I am looking forward to the challenge.

Wish me luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review