STS Mesocycle 1 Disc 4, 5, & 6 - Review


Week 2 - 65% or 1 rep max.
Disc 4 Chest, Shoulders, and Biceps - 55 minutes. This workout started with Pushups Drop Sets. Now, I only do the intermediate version of the Pushups and still by the last set which only contain 6 pushups I was screaming for mercy - But - I did do all the reps in the Pushups Drop Sets which when all added together contain 50 pushups.
The whole workout contain 165 pushups. I think this is why Mesocycle 1 - Upper Body workouts is my least favorite of the Mesocycles.
Many of the exercises were the same exercises that appeared in Disc 1. So other than the pushups nothing really new to note.
Disc 5 Back & Triceps. I don't know why it bothers me that the Back & Triceps workouts are longer than the Chest, Shoulders, & Biceps workouts. It could be just the logical assumption that a workout working two muscle groups would be some what shorter than a workout working 3 muscle groups. Anyway this workout clocks in at 58 minutes and featured another version of the drop sets.
However, instead of decreasing reps as Cathe did in the pushups, she decrease the weight. You only had a 10 second rest period in between the three sets to change your weight. She did this once for Back using "Double Arm Horizontal Rows" and once for Triceps using "Double Arm Kickbacks". The other exercises were repeats from Disc 2.
Disc 6 Legs - 56 minutes. Yes I Step Up Early. This was during the "Static Low End Lunge Same leg 3/1 Count" move. You are suppose to go back down and then come up. I just came up.
I call this disc the lunge workout because most of the exercises included lots of variations on the lunge.
It also included use of the paper plate. I use furniture sliders. I didn't use weight during these moves. Next week, though, I think I will be ready to pick up weight. The toughest exercise for me was definitely the "One leg Sit N Stands" I felt good about being able to at least get off the chair, but I am still lacking major control.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review