The FIRM Get Chisel'd - Review


The FIRM's Get Chisel'd is a 41 minute compound exercise workout. It is led by FIRM instructor Rebekah Sturkie.
The workout is a sculpting workout with power burst moves included throughout the workout. I probably like the power burst moves the best.
The sculpting exercises (because of their compound nature and layering the moves) don't really lend themselves to going heavy.
The heaviest weight I used throughout the workout was 10lb dumbells; and even with those I had to quickly switch out to a lower weight as Rebekah layered on the exercises (or as she calls it -"adding a component").
The workout does include a brief abs and core sections. I am giving the workout 3 1/2 to 4 out of 5 stars.

This is only my second time doing this workout. The first time was December 08. In December 08, this is what I wrote about this workout:
I liked this workout. Rebekah queued very well and with the exception of two music tunes, I thought the music was pretty good too, particularly the opening warmup number. This is mostly a Sculpting workout with power moves/segments (i.e plyos)added in between sculpting sets. I thought the power moves were a nice addition and like them all except for the overused Burpee(Squat thrust) move that appears in so many workouts now. Other power moves were sumo squats, split dips, and air jacks. Some of the same moves that appear in Total Body Toner appear in Get Chisel'd. The sculpting moves start simple and then build into compound movement. I usually find the FIRM's functional fitness moves awkward, but not so in this workout. The workout moves pretty fast and Rebekah pushes you to keep up and keep moving. I thought the time flew by. While I wouldn't put this workout in my top 5 FIRMs of all time. I would certainly consider it for a spot in my top 5 FIRM Pink workouts. - posted by Saundra on 12/8/2008
When I wrote this review, I gave it a solid 4 stars. I wasn't as crazy about it the second time around but I still like it very much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review