CIA 2802 All Cardio Latin Xplostion - Review


Okay. I love love love this workout. The music is the best I have heard in a workout in a long time. Carlos is fun and charismatic. As far as Latin style workouts go, I put no others above it.

But this is a critique and a review, so let me be objective for a moment. This is a 63 minute workout that includes a core abdominal section. Carlos takes you through various Latin rhythms (cha cha, salsa, mamba, soca, samba, merengue, rhumba) and he does it all with an athletic flair; and what he calls stylizing the move. Stylizing is really just adding your own interpretation or "flavor" to the exercise.
Carlos' cuing is not very precise. Several times the right side doesn't match up with the left side. Meaning he will do something on one side and not do it on the other side. I didn't mind this so much because I felt it was more like a dance routine even though the workout included squats, lunges and a chest press. Also, he cues several moves by telling you to watch what he is doing and them follow what he does. What this all amounts to is if you are not used to choreography and Latin style dancing you may find the routines in this workout hard to pick up. Carlos also takes the routine from the top quite a bit.
With all that, I still love love love this workout. There is so much energy flowing through the music and Carlos. I was so impress with the vibe of this workout that I Googled Carlos Arias to see if he had any more workouts available. Unfortunately he did not.
If you like high energy Latin style workouts, I think you will like this one. This is one of my favorite workouts.
5 out of 5 stars for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review