10 Minute Solution High Intensity Interval Training - Thoughts


High Intensity Interval Training is one of 10 Minute Solution 2013 release.  The instructor is Lisa Kinder.  This is my first workout with Lisa and I thought she was okay - in  a good way.

There are so many HiiT workouts of late, I was hesitant about even trying this one. I did this workout as add on to the Body Revolution workouts I have been doing.   So I did one segment a day.

I really like the format.  In each workout, Lisa gives you 8 exercises that you do for 20 seconds.  You rest for 10 seconds and repeat the exercise again.   So for every exercise in the worksheet, you are doing two sets for 20 seconds each.

The one thing that I was wishing that Lisa would do was to take the opportunity during the 10 second rest to tell us what the next exercise was going to be.  She would wait for the 20 second to start to tell us what the exercise was going to be. She would demonstrate the move and then also show the modification.
Sometimes this prove difficult because a lot of the moves are plank moves so I was cranking my head to see what she was doing; and also by the time she finish demonstrating the move and modification the 20 seconds were almost over.



My favorite segment was Rock Bottom HiiT.  I was really enjoying this segment up until the last move which was a Surfer Burpee.

My least favorite segment was Upper Body HiiT and that is because it was pretty much all shoulder work with a little bit of triceps and chest thrown in.

 Overall I thought the workout okay.  The 10 minute segments proved to be great as an add-on.

I just recently did a workout with Kelly Coffey-Meyer called Shape Up.  Kelly pretty much uses the same format as this workout but Kelly calls her workout a Tabata workout.

HiiT 101 - 3 stars
Upper Body HiiT - 2 & 1/2 stars
HiiT Explosion - 3 & 1/4 stars
Rock Bottom HiiT - 3 & 3/4 stars
Ab HiiT - 3 stars


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review