Zumba Incredible Results Quick Start and 20 Minute Express - Thoughts

Zumba Quick Start is for those that are new to Zumba or needs a refresher on the moves.  It
breaks down many of the main rhythms used in Zumba. 
The rhythms in the Quick Start DVD are merengue, cumbia, reggaeton, salsa and samba.  You can select Play All or you can select an individual rhythm.  Selecting Play All clocks in at just under 39 minutes which I thought a bit long for something called Quick Start.  I guess it is relative.

Quick Start is taught by Zumba Instructors Loretta Bates and Herman Melo.  In teaching Quick Start, they take you through a progression of 3 speeds (tempos).  Speed 1 is the slowest. Speed three is at full speed.  I did parts of this workout.

Zumba 20 Minute Express is lead by Nick Logrea. This workout does not give you the option for verbal or none verbal cuing.  Although Nick gives you plenty of visual cues throughout, even telling you just watch him and follow his visual cues. I almost felt that this workout was an introduction to visual cuing. I also thought this workout felt like a beginner Zumba workout.  Nick started teaching each section really slow before picking it up. It made me wonder what was the purpose of the Quick Start.  I guess I expected because it was only 20 minutes that we would be hitting it fast and hard.

The songs/sections are:
Zupersonic Luv
Cumbia Flow
Tumba
Pretenciosa
Algreia Pa Zumbar

Love the music.  The last song has been heard in previous Zumba workouts.  I thought Nick was pretty good until he went into his visual only cuing.  Well he was still okay but the workout lost something to me.  I understand the concept of giving visual cues. I just don't know why instructors feel that can't do both.
Anyway, I did like this workout.

I am not going to give a rating to Quick Start since I didn't do all the sections.
For 20 Minute Express, 4 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review