Tracey Mallet The Booty Barre - Thoughts

Continuing with my barre workouts is The Booty Barre featuring Tracey Mallet. This workout is on the lengthy side, clocking in at 64 minutes.
The workout uses a chair as the barre, a mat and a set of light weights. Tracey and cast used 3 to 5 lbs. I used 1 and 2lb weights.

The sections in the workout are:
Booty Barre Warm-up (about 9 minutes)
Booty Barre Sculpted Arms (about 10 minutes - uses light weights)
Booty Barre Workout (about 33 minutes - uses a chair)
Booty Barre Abs & Flexibility (about 13 minutes - uses a mat)

I really really like the Sculpted Arms sections. I used lighter weights than Tracey and felt the burn. I think this is a section I can really workout up too.

The barre workout which is the lower body workout left with me foot fatigue. You are up on your tip toes quite a bit and I think this is why I experience the fatigue. In this section, Tracey fuses the moves with a bit of jazzy dance. I like the way the camera followed Tracey as she switch from side to side which she did quite a bit. I do think this section a bit long or it could be the way Tracey broke it up. There is a "cardio" section that comes mid-way or perhaps 2/3 of the way through. So you think, or I thought the section was coming to an end but then you go into another segment of barre work.

The Abs & Flexibility or cool down section features push ups to work the core and then some traditional (with a bit of style) abdominal section.

Tracey cues fairly well. My only complaint is that most of the time you are doing the move on one side for a series of reps and the you switch to the other side. However, at times she alternates the moves but she doesn't tell you that she is alternating. So if you are not looking at the TV, you miss that you should be alternating the move and not doing it on one side.

There is a beginner modifier. The set and music work well with the workout. I do wish the DVD was more finely chaptered. You can skip to each of the sections but within the sections you cannot skip to certain exercises.

I like this workout. 4 stars.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the review. This is another barre DVD on my Christmas list.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review