Cathe Slide & Glide - Thoughts

Another workout in Cathe's Low Impact Series is Slide & Glide. Slide & Glide features a pair of discs, a band loop and a mat.

The main part of the workout is broken up into two parts.
Part 1 is a Cardio Segment in which you use your Slide & Glide disk the entire time. This section is about 20 minutes. After awhile, it feels like you are doing the same thing over and over. There is not a lot of variety in this part of the workout. So I started off thinking "this isn't bad" but by the end of the segment I was ready to move on.

Part 2 is Muscle Conditioning Segment. In Part two, depending on the exercise, you will use your discs and/or band loop. I really enjoyed part 2. You start off with legs. This is followed by triceps, back, biceps, chest, and then abs. I like the exercises many of which used the discs and it was challenging.

The discs are also used in the warm up and the cool down.

The DVD contains an Introduction is which Cathe gives you tips on using your Slide & Glide discs. I found this helpful. I have hardwood floors so I had to used the disc covers. I didn't have a problem with the discs sliding & gliding over the hardwood.
My main problem came when I had to send both feet out during a standing move. Most notably slide or disc jacks. There are a couple of times when we are in a plank and doing a jack with the legs but in this position, I did not have a problem at all.

Out of all the Low Impact Series workouts I have completed thus far, Slide & Glide by far has the best music. In the other workouts, the thought that the music was awful crossed my mind but not so in this workout.

3 1/2 stars - Really it is 4 stars the for the Muscle Conditioning Segment and 3 for the Cardio Segment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review