Andrea Rogers - Lean & Chiseled

Xtend Barre Lean & Chiseled is a 55 minute "dance and Pilates inspired workout". The workout is led by Andrea Rogers. Along with Andrea, there are two cast members - one who demonstrates beginner modification moves and one who demonstrates more advance moves.
The workout is broken up into the following sections:
Warm Up (6 min)
Upper Body (11 min)
Barre (23 min)
Core (10 min)
Cool Down (5 min)
In the Upper Body section, Andrea uses 1 lbs weights. The Barre Section is the lower body section and Andrea uses a chair in place of a ballet barre.
For the Core section as Mat is used.

The set has a really clean and minimalistic look. The music is good. The workout isn't necessarily set to the music but the music has more than just a background feel to me. For the most part the music sounds like something you would hear in a "hip" clothing store.
This type of workout is always challenging for me; and this workout was no different. I really felt my muscles fatiguing with the small movement patterns. The workout has a real nice flow and moves seamlessly from section to section. It follows a predictable pattern. For the most part you are doing 16 reps or two sets of 8 reps for each exercise. At least that is the way it seemed to me.
There is not much about this workout I didn't like. Andrea's cuing is clean, precise and encouraging. She does stop to point out form and give coaching tips several times throughout the workout.

The DVD is packed with extras:
There is footage from Shiva Rea's Creative Core Abs as well as footage from Exhale's Thighs and Glutes workout.
There is also an introduction and tutorial from Andrea.
4 1/2 stars

Comments

  1. How do you like this compared to Turbo Barre? I read your review about Turbo Barre and I agree that even the pre-mixes are lengthy. I was thinking of putting this on my Christmas wish list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen
    I think the two are really similar. They roughly have the same sections, upper body, barre, core. I just like the way the sections, music, set all came together in Lean & Chiseled.

    I did prefer using the Turbo Barre to using a chair. The next time I do L&C, I will use the Turbo Barre for the workout.

    If you like Barre workouts, I think it is a good one to have. If you don't, then Turbo Barre would be sufficient.

    Lean & Chiseled was actually given to me by someone who didn't care for the workout. I forget why she said she didn't like it.

    I had viewed clips of L&C but kept waffling on whether or not to get it because Barre workouts are not my favorite. So I was happy to get it without having to buy it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review