Cathe Turbo Barre - Thoughts

Well I can't say that barre workouts are my favorite type of workouts, so as workouts go, Turbo Barre which is from Cathe's Low Impact Series is okay.
It is a bit long. I purposely schedule this workout on Sunday, a day I knew I would have enough time to complete the whole thing - the whole thing being 74 minute long.
The workout is broken down as follows:
Warm Up
Upper/Lower Body Muscle Endurance
Ballet Barre Leg Conditioning - this section is further broken down into
......thigh focus
......Glutes/Hamstring focus
.......Hip & Outer thigh focus
.......Calf Raises
Floor work - this section is further broken down into
......Push Ups
......Tricep Dips
......Planks
......Abs
Stretch
So quite a bit going on and by the ending stretch, I was ready to be done.
The warm up started off good but Cathe include some barre leg conditioning drills in the warm up. I actually would have preferred that she left this to that section of the work out. The warm up is almost 11 minutes.
I enjoyed the upper/lower body muscle endurance section. This section features exercises that start of in isolation mode and then adds compound multi-joint movement.
The barre work - lots of reps in this section and lots of endurance required. Several times I stopped the exercise and started marching and then joined back in when I felt the fatigue subside. I like working with the Turbo Tower and was happy that I had it to use rather than a chair.
The floor work - again okay. I felt this section typically Cathe.
Really I just felt the workout too long and next time I do the workout, I will choose one of the premixes. Although they are kind of lengthy too.
There are three premixes on this workout
Lower Body Express - 52:21.
Turbo Barre Express #1 - 64:13
Turbo Barre Express #2 - 57:24
Equipment used: dumbbells, band loop, Turbo Tower
3 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review