Karen Voight Ballet Bodysculpt - Thoughts

Last up with the Barre workouts is Karen Voight's Ballet Bodysculpt.
I have been racking my brain to see if I previously did a Karen Voight workout and nothing comes to mind. So I think Ballet Bodysculpt is my first workout from her.
As an instructor, I thought she was very good. Precise cuing, excellent form, comfortable demeanor are all characteristics I would use to describe her.
Ballet Bodysculpt is a barre workout. It is 40 minutes in length and contains the following segments:
Warm Up
Chair (barre) Exercises
Abdominals
Matwork 1
Matwork 2
Cool Down
Along with a chair, Karen uses a mat and an inflatable ball. The segments are short but tough. I thought each section moved right along making for an efficient workout.
The set is an outdoor set. It is Karen's ranch in Montana. When I first saw a clip of this workout, I remember thinking "They could have cut the grass." Karen is actually working out on what looks like hardwood floor placed over the grass.
The music is good. And while it is very familiar music (I have heard it in countless workout videos), the tunes chosen work well with the workout and they are tunes that I don't mind hearing over and over again.
The DVD comes in a CD size cardboard case.
4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review