The FIRM Slim & Sculpt Stability Ball Workout - Thoughts

So I was over at Collage Video and someone posted about revisiting old workouts. I have plenty of workouts that I would like to do again but never seem to get to. This is usually because there is something that I want to do more. I will start off adding these workouts to the rotation, but before I finalize it, these workouts usually get kick to the side.

So in the spirit of revisiting old workouts, I am going to shove a few of them in - starting with The FIRM's Slim & Sculpt Stability Ball Workout. This is a 30 minute workout featuring Allie Del Rio as the lead.
I believe this workout was part of the first or second group of "Gaiam" or "Pink" FIRM workouts. The workouts were not part of a "system" and they went straight to retail.

What first caught my attention about this workout was the crappy set. Or crappy by FIRM standards. It look like the inside of a storage room or warehouse, very barren looking.

So the workout. It starts with you sitting on the ball for the warm up. Pelvic tilts, toes taps, leg kicks are some of the moves you are doing. Allie says "Get your heart rate up" I was like "how"? This is very light workout, the most intense section came during the side and front lunges where you are swinging the ball in a chopping motion.
Because you are taking the Stability Ball over your head, this part of the workout does not work well with low ceilings. I exercise in my basement and the ceiling is low so I kept hitting it.

Most of the workout is done either seated on the ball, lying on the floor or leaning over the ball. Push ups, glute lift, crunches, plank holds all show up in this workout. For the most part you are doing 12 or 16 reps for each exercise.
The music is so so.
It's an okay workout. For me, it would fall in the category as an Active Recovery workout. And I have other Active Recovery workouts I would rather do more.
So 3 stars but a lukewarm 3 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review