Susan Chung Rapid Fire: Results - Thoughts

RapidFire: Results is the second workout by Susan Chung. The total workout is 77 minutes in length - which is about 17 minutes too long for me. The great thing about the DVD is that it is well chaptered.
The chapters are:
Warm up
Combo 1
Drill 1
Combo 2
Drill 2
Combo 3
Drill 3
Combo 4
Drill 4
Metabolic Weights
Core/Abs
Stretch
I did the warm up Combos/drills 1 through 4 and the stretch. So my workout was about 50 minutes. And, I like what I did. Susan advertises the workout as containing Unique Kickboxing combinations. I certainly thought the punches were unique. Within each combo Susan uses the layer approach first starting with punches and then adding kicks.
The drills are pretty good too. Jumping Jacks, burpees and speed skaters show up. Even so, I still like the drills. Susan combines those athletic moves with various kickbox moves.

There is a modifier (Kitty) and an advance exerciser (Chris).
I like the way Susan cues. She tells you what you are doing or rather she tells you when a new move is going to show up about 8 counts ahead. That gave me time to wrap my head around it and pick up with her as soon as she went into the move.
The only time I got annoyed with her cuing is when she went into cadence calling, but she didn't do it a lot.
There are 9 pre-mixes on the DVD ranging in time from 34:56 to 73:16 .
The set reminds me of the set used in the CIA Videos. The music is decent.
3 1/2 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review