Cathe Afterburn - Thoughts

Afterburn (I like the name of this workout) is a 54 minute interval workout. This workout is part of Cathe's Low Impact Series. And I will go ahead and say this here. Low Impact does not mean No Impact.
There is some impact and like any other workout (in my opinion) the impact can be modified to be more or less.
So Afterburn is an interval workout that features 10 intervals. Each interval consist of two exercises and after you complete the two exercises you repeat them again before moving on.
The DVD chapter points list them a 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B and so forth. On my worksheet I listed them once and gave you a separate column for Interval A and Interval B.

Typically one of the exercise in the interval is cardio based and one is weight based. Along with dumbbells, Cathe and crew also used Dixie cups and the Slide & Glide Exercise Discs.
I am working out on hardwood floors and I didn't have any problem using the discs on my flooring. Now I did have a problem doing the disc Jacks (one of the exercises). I am going to have to work on getting both my feet to go into the Jack position at the same time.

There is a cool down and a separate stretch segment. I mention this because during the cool down, Cathe flies through stretches towards the end of the cool down barely holding them and then she states "Let's enjoy a relaxing stretch." The ending stretch is about 5 minutes. The warm up is also or just shy of 5 minutes.

I like Afterburn. After the second interval, I was feeling the love. I like the disc and dumbbell exercises the best. Cathe does have a couple of exercises - the squat digs and air squats - which I thought were too similar to each other.

This is my second Low Impact Series workout and I like the two I have tried. After seeing the clips, which did not enthuse me, I wondered how many of the workouts I would like.
I did not care for much of the music. I have a feeling it is going to be that way for this entire series.
The set. There is no scenery like there is in her other series. It looks like frosted windows. While not bad for any other instructor, for a Cathe video ..... Well, I've come to expect more.

But the workout is pretty good.
4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review