BeachBody Xtend Barre - First 10 Workouts

 

Xtend Barre workouts are 30-minute intermediate barre workouts developed and led by Andrea Rogers.  They include a blend of barre, ballet, and Pilates style movement.  

To date, I have done Barre Basics and 10 of the Xtend Barre workouts.  Each one has been quite challenging for me. They are listed as intermediated and you can definitely see and feel the uptick from a beginner style barre workouts.

The program comes with various 30-day Calendar rotations for working out every day of the week.  The six week rotation that I created for myself and started in August, I am doing the workouts 5 days a week. I was taking a rest day on Saturday and Sunday is my treadmill day.  
For September I was thinking about cutting back the number of Xtend Barre workouts I was doing to either three or four, as I have been feeling some fatigue but I nixed that idea and decided to press on with the rotation.
The workouts I have done so far are:
  1. Xtend Signature 1
  2. Xtend Pilates 1
  3. Legs 1
  4. Xtend Signature 2
  5. Sculpt & Define 1
  6. Xtend Signature 3
  7. Ballet Sculpt 1
  8. Booty 1
  9. Cardio 1
  10. Flexibility & Balance 1
To me, all the workouts have been basically the same. They are all total body workouts and you may be emphasizing a particular area during a particular workout.
Andrea jumps right into the workout with the "warm up". In most cases, I felt we were well into the workout in the warm up.  
Equipment used  includes some type of barre device,  You can use a chair for this.  Other items are playground ball, resistance loop and light dumbbells.  Andrea also recommends grip socks if you plan to do Xtend Barre on a smooth floor. The grip socks have been a trial and error for me. Sometimes I will take them off because my feet will slip inside the sock and the sock gets twisted;  felt it more cumbersome to work with them on some exercises. 

So far I am liking the program. My only complaint thus far has been Andrea's counting and that you are not consistently performing the same reps from one side to the next.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review