The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill is HSN and Pro-Form 2011 model treadmill. Each year HSN brings out a new Pro-Form model to sale. On the HSN website the treadmill is called Pro-Form Step Up Personal Trainer Treadmill. The price of this treadmill is $699.95 and the Shipping & Handling is free. I have had this treadmill since May.
Assembly is required. It took me and another about an hour, maybe a little less to put it together. The instructions are fairly detail and everything went together as it should.

I had the 2007 model of this treadmill, but I like the advertised upgrades so much I decided to get this one.
Pre-Program Workouts
The 2011 model comes with 16 Pre-program workouts. Of the 16, 4 are distance, 5 are timed, and 7 are calorie burned workouts.
The distance workouts are 1 mile, 5K, 10K, and 1/2 Marathon.
The time workouts are 20 min, 25 min, 30 min, 45 min
The calorie workouts that are broken down by time are 20 min, 25 min, 30 min, 40 min, 45 min, and two 60 min workouts.
There is also a Weight Loss Center that allows you to input your weight and then select a 200, 300, 400, or 500 calorie burn program.


Features
The Quick Speed Controls go from 0 to 10 MPH. You can also manually increment the controls by .1mph.
The Quick Incline Control go from 0 to 10%. You can manually increment those controls by .5%.
You have a heart rate monitor, a fan, and a sound system. It is also IPOD and IFIT compatible.
Included with the configuration I purchased is an 8 week Jillian Michael's I-Fit card. This card has 24 workouts ranging in time from 20 minutes up to 45 minutes I believe.
Other features are cushion support and a space saver design.

There are three LED Display Windows. The left display window cycles through time, incline, and distance. The center console shows the current state of the program you are doing. Depending on the workout program, it is either a circular track or terrain-hills. The right displays window cycles through distance and speed. It will also show your pulse when you used the heart rate monitor.

The Best Features:
The pre-program workouts and the IPOD compatible sound system are the best features. The sound coming out of the speakers is very good. The sound controls go up to 10 and it can get pretty loud. Love this.

The Worst Features:
The fan. You can barely feel it. It comes with a low and high setting and there is no noticeable difference between the two. Definitely could be more powerful. I am comparing this to the 2007 model I had where the fan was very good. Both the 2007 and 2011 models are in the same price point. I might have even paid more for the 2007 model. So I am very disappointed in this mediocre fan.

Another feature that annoys me greatly is the Time Display. This is something that has recently come to my attention about the treadmill since I started training for a 10K. I cannot run a 10K in under an hour. I have been averaging a time between 1:16 and 1:24. My problem with the time display is that when it gets past an hour of workout time, it no longer shows you minutes and seconds. Instead, it shows you hours and minutes. This is so annoying. Anybody training for a race, knows that times come down to seconds. So I don't understand why they program the display this way. And yes there is room for it. Two weeks in a row I did the 10K with 1:18 but I don't know if I slightly improved. They could have showed the display as 78:SS (SS being whatever the seconds are).

The display issues are only a big deal if you are training for a long race. Before, I never did a treadmill workout for that length of time, so it never came up.

I still like the treadmill but I would love it if the fan was better and the time display showed minutes and seconds for workouts longer than an hour. I guess I should mention the belt. It works great. I walk on it, jog on it and have run on it with no problems.

3 1/2 stars

Comments

  1. Thank you for this review. I was looking at this model treadmill on craigslist, and it helped to read about your experience with it. I think I'll buy it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review