The FIRM Lower Body Split - Review


Now I don't do this workout very often and haven't done it in a very long time, but this is a good lower body workout.
Lower Body Split is a 69 minute FIRM compilation workout that works all the muscle groups of the lower body except for the calves. There was some calf work in the warm up but that was about it.
That didn't bother me because I really don't like working my calves. Although I will say, that indirectly the calves were work during the cardio plyo sections.
OK enough about the calves.
This workout uses the tall box. I just recently gave my tall box away, so I used the Fanny Lifter and it worked out just fine. I liked the fact that this workout didn't over do the leg presses and tall box climbs. There were two sets of leg presses and one set of tall box climbs and they were a part of the same sequence.
I did think that there were a lot of lunge sets and lunge dip combination sets, as well as your squats. This workout did include floor work. The floor work came from The Hare video that features Tracie Long. Other instructors featured were Pam Cauthen, Tamela Hastie, Dale Brabham, Taber Bruner, Jen Carmen, Nancy Tucker, and Heidi Tanner.
There were 3 sets of ab work at the end of the workout. What was nice about this workout is that it is choreographed to music and you moved quickly from one exercise to another, but the beat of the music was slow enough so you could go heavy on the leg exercises.
Great workout. 4 stars out of 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review