The FIRM Slim & Trim - Review


In September 2008, The FIRM release three workouts that they filmed in New York. My big griped about these three workouts is that you couldn't hear the music in any of the three. The sound quality is just terrible. If you turn up your volume, then the instructor is super loud. I really feel that this undermines which overall are a great set of workouts.
That brings me to my favorite of the three and that is Slim & Trim lead by the FIRM's Tina Smalley. This 40 minute workout uses a 4lb medicine ball or power ball. It still uses the FIRM formula of interspersing floor aerobics with toning sets.
This workouts moves. You really don't get a break from once segment to the next. In some spots it was difficult for me to tell when one segment ended and another one began. The aerobics is high and low impact. Also, you are constantly using the ball. Only a couple times were we not doing anything without the ball. My one gripe about the ball is that it is hard. One set, Tina has us bouncing the ball and my ball would not get a good bounce.
Tina cues very well but she "woos" a lot too. Although this didn't bother me as much as it did the first time. I really like this workout. I just wish I could here the music better.
4 stars out of 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review