Zumba Sculpt & Tone - Review


From the Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation System Set is my favorite of the workouts, Zumba Sculpt & Tone. This is the second time I have done this workout and I really like it. I think the music in this DVD is the best out of all the DVDs.

Zumba Fitness Sculpt & Tone is led by Pedro (the creator) and Tonya. This workout uses the Zumba Toning Sticks. They are fun but IMO they aren't doing much for sculpting. I don't even think they are 1lb. The workout is broken down into different Rhythm and within each Rhythm, you are working a specific body part.
The different sections are:
  • - hip hop warmup
  • - cumbia rhythm working bicep & tricep
  • - salsa rhythm working shoulders
  • - belly dancing working core and back
  • - samba working obliques, lunges, (cardio intensifier)
  • - flamenco working lower body
  • - reggaeton working a little bit of everything
  • - African Beats (cardio intensifier)
  • - Zumba cooldown

My favorite part was the flamenco style rhythm and while the workout is touted as Sculpting and Toning, I found it to be more cardio based.

This workout is about 45 minutes and I would categorize it as beginner. It is a workout that really depends on how much "ummph" you put into it as to how hard it is going to be. Some of the steps and movement can be challenging if you are not used to dance choreography.
4.5 out of 5 stars - Mostly because I found it fun!



Comments

  1. I've just downloaded this workout and after reading your review I can't wait to get started !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review