Insanity Cardio Recovery - Thoughts

Cardio Recovery starts off with a series of breathing moves. It then moves through a series of strength moves and it ends with a series of balance moves. Many moves use various yoga poses. Some of these exercises you flow in and out of and some you hold for a static stretch.

Some of the strength moves, like the plank work, I didn't care for. I was hoping to give my shoulder a break. Actually, a lot of the strength moves, I didn't care for. However, if you are looking for a bit of strength work in the Insanity series, you can get it here.

There are a lot of rest periods in which Shaun takes the opportunity to explain the upcoming exercise. Once the exercise starts, he will do a few reps but then he will go and check on the cast members.
My favorite section of the workout was when we did the balance poses. I like this type of work and this is what I was looking for in a Recovery workout.

Unless you count the plank series, there is not any cardio in this workout at all. So I would definitely say the title of the workout applies. I thought to myself that I could have scheduled this workout on a Saturday which is my active recovery day.

The workout was okay. I like certain parts of it more than other parts. It is just over 33 minutes in length and it uses a mat.
2 3/4 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review