Cardio Karate Cardio Kata - Review

Disc 7 Cardio Kata is approximately 57:22 in length and features Gay Gasper as the lead. There are three additional cast member in this workout besides Gay, for a total of 4. I think 4 is too many. There is this big support beam on the floor that one of the cast members kept having to work around depending on the move he was performing.

The format for Cardio Kata is slightly different. There are 4 pods and within each pod there is an Intensity round. So it is kind of like a Hi Lo workout or if you do Cathe workouts, similar to when when she does a "blast"after one of her combos.
For that reason, this workout definitely could have benefited from a few pre-mixes.
One premix would be just the Pods sans the intensity round.
Second premix would be just the Intensity Rounds without the Pod combos.
Third premix would be all the pods combined plus warm up and cool down. I know. I know. Wishful thinking. I am surprise JB Berns (the creator) didn't think of this.

I love the pod combos (there are 4). The Intensity rounds were okay but annoying to me because all the Intensity Rounds had you going down to the floor in some type of plank, squat thrust, push up move; and quite frankly I am getting sick of those type of moves. As mentioned above, Gay does combine all four pods to include the intensity round in each pod back to back, and I think we did that 3 if not 4 times in a row.

3 3/4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review