Montenegro Method MM21 Endurance Burn Fat - Review


Montenegro Method MM21 Endurance Burn Fat is led by Marta Montenegro.
This workout DVD consist of three 21 minute circuit workouts.
Each of the circuit workouts feature a series of approximately 6 exercises done three times through.
As you move through the circuit, the exercise get progressively more challenging.
For example the first time through you are only doing a series of side lunges, the second time through side lunges with a knee lift, the third time through, a side lunges with a leg lift.
As you move from exercise to exercise, you are doing each exercise for a minimum of 30 seconds. On some exercises, you are doing a full minute. The point of the workout - hence the title - is to build endurance. ( Marta does this by doing lots of repetition.)
What I didn't like about the workout -
1) There is not much of a warm up or cool down to speak of
2) And this is with any workout that has time mentioned in its title - "THE WORKOUT SHOULD BE THE TIME IT STATES IN THE TITLE"
All three of the workouts on this DVD are over 21 minutes, which I would be a little more tolerable of - if there were a warm up and cool down.
3) Too many "You Can Do It" from Marta. Also I felt Marta's performance to be a bit stilted.(Yes I know I am being snippy)
4) Burpees, lots of burpees
Now with all the above said, I did relatively like this workout. I felt the burn on quite a few exercises.
And I think the workout is a good way to increase endurance (especially muscle endurance) in a lot of areas. I also like the length of the workouts.
3 stars for MM21 Endurance Burn Fat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review