The FIRM Skills, Drills, & Thrills - Review


The FIRM Skills, Drills, & Thrills Express Workout is a 25 minute workout lead by FIRM Master Instructor Tina Smalley.
The workout features a piece of equipment called the Balance Trainer. The Balance Trainer is an round oval type disc that is unstable to step on. During the course of the workout you are stepping onto it a lot.
My greatest fear was that I was going to twist my ankle. My second greatest fear was that I was going to have muscles spasm go off in my feet because if you are not used to working on the balance trainer, the feet fatigue pretty quickly.
Skills, Drills & Thrills - a tongue twister of a name. The workout definitely test your balance skills. I happen to think I have very good balance but after doing this workout, I would question that.
This workout has two distinct components - Balance/core and cardio. The balance sections I like the most. You really have to concentrate. One of the moves we did had us stand on the balance trainer and move our arms and eyes in the same direction and try to maintain balance - deceptively challenging.
The cardio sections I really didn't care for. In going through the combinations I constantly felt off beat. I was either ahead or behind Tina in the combination - rarely was I with her. When I first got this workout, I remember other reviewers stating that the beat and Tina weren't in alignment. Also this was the section, I felt had the potential for ankle injury.
Overall, I would give this workout 3 stars of 5. I actually give it 4 stars for the balance work and 2 stars for the cardio.
Tina. I love her. She is one of my favorite FIRM instructors. I have had the opportunity to workout with her in person and she has always been fun, motivating and demonstrative in her instruction.
There is also a 45 minute version of this workout

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review