Ilaria Abs & Pushups Plus - Thoughts

Well, if you can't tell, I am pretty much ignoring my December Rotation. I
decided to plug in some workouts that I have never done or haven't reviewed. One such work is Ilaria Montagnani Abs & Pushups Plus. I have had this workout forever. Probably since it was release. I am not a big push ups fan and I have enough other workouts that work the abdominals.
Because of the pushups this workout had a real dread factor for me, but it wasn't that bad. I did most, actually all the push ups on my knees. The only part of the push ups section I did on my toes were the Plank type exercises.

Ilaria starts the workout with Plank variations. So I really consider this workout an add on because you really do just hop into the workout. The workout alternates push up sets with ab sets. In the push ups sets, you are doing about 3 sets of pushups and Ilaria gives you a rest and brief stretch between the push ups sets. Whereas during the ab sets, you are going form exercise to exercise and only breaking when you go into your push ups. During the push ups sets you are pretty consistently doing 10 reps all the way through except for the last plank exercise in which you do 5 reps. The ab sets ,the reps vary. I included a worksheet with the rep count but I might have gotten some of them wrong. The majority of the ab exercises you are doing 16 reps. The ab section was easier than I thought it would be.
There is a very brief ending stretch.

This DVD is not chaptered. It would have been nice to combine all the push ups sets or all the ab sets back to back or simply just to be able to skip to a certain exercise of the workout.
If you want to work on your push ups, this is a good workout to do that with.
While I thought the workout okay, I honestly doubt if I will do the workout again.
3 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review