Dance Off the Inches Latin Party Pack! - Thoughts

Dance Off The Inches Latin Party Pack! was a Christmas Gift. In the box came 4 workouts on three DVDs, a 30-Day rotational calendar and Salsa Sculpting Bars. The bars are pink and solid. They do not shake or rattle.
So the workouts are:
Red Hot Cardio Party
Sizzling Salsa
Total Body Tone with a Twist
Slim & Sexy Dancer's Abs.

I will start in the order I did the workouts
Total Body Tone with a Twist. This DVD consist of two workouts. Both workouts are led by Desiree Bartlett. Toning with a Twist is 21 minutes and Slim & Sexy Dancer's Abs is 17 minutes. If you select play all, it will play both back to back and that clock in at around 36 minutes. Both of
these workouts have a warm up and cool down and both used the Salsa Sculpting Bars.
In Toning with a Twist, you are doing plies, lunges, dips, squats, biceps, triceps, overhead press. This workout is very basic. In between the different sculpting sets you do basic dance movement, merengue or cha cha. I did not particularly like this workout.

Slim& Sexy Dancer's Abs I liked a little bit more than Total Body Tone with a Twist. All the toning is done from the standing position. There is lots of oblique work. The warm up and cool down in this workout are quite lengthy for such a short workout. I did like the cool down.
Overall, I felt that I didn't get a lot out of both workouts. Desiree is pleasant. Beyond being able to select one of the two workouts and play all, the workouts are not chaptered.

Sizzling Salsa is an old Dancing Off The Inches workout. I have seen several clips of this workout but always pass because the clip left me with the impression that the workout is dull. And out of all the DOTI workouts I have done, this is probably going to be my least favorite. There was no oomph in the dance.

However, the soundtrack, I thought awesome. It was mostly familiar music but some of my favorite Latin tunes. With the exception of the cool down, I was really disappointed in the combinations.

The workout is led by Stella Sandoval. She is pleasant and cues well. I did not feel any energy coming from her. It was like she was saying the words but it really did not translate into a Sizzling workout.
Sometimes with dance workouts, I feel they try to make the moves so precise and thus easy/clear to teach that they loose the dance; and it feels stiff and unnatural.
One thing to note is if you have trouble learning the samba, this is a good workout to get the basics of the movement. Stella teaches it in the Latin Lime Twist sections and I thought she did a good job in demonstrating the rhythm.

Speaking of sections, the breakdown is:
The Breakdown:
Warm up
Spicy Salsa Mix
Latin Lime Twist
Mucho Mambo combo
Cool Down
This workout does feature the dance guide. The moves are quite simple.
Approximate workout time - 37 minutes.

Red Hot Cardio Party features Desiree Bartlet. It is about 40 minutes long and follows the standard Dancing Off The Inches workout design.
The Chapter Breakdown:
Warm Up
Cardio Carnivale
South of the Border
Spanish Fire
Cool Down.

Desiree has a based step that she uses throughout all the combinations. It is a merengue with a clap to the side. I thought the clap to the side very babyish. It felt force and other than that and a little too much repetition, I really like the combos in this workout.
The first dance represented Carnival in Rio De Janiero. This dance is cute and bubbly.
South of the Border featured Salsa dances from Mexico and Spanish Fire feature Flamenco steps from Spain.
Other Notes:
Desiree cues well. She also teaches you Spanish. She will tell you something in Spanish and then follow with the English translation. So I got to learn a few Spanish words that I didn't know.
The music fits the dances.

The cast:
I normally only talk about the cast if there is a beginner or advance modifier or if they are really good or really bad. I thought these ladies really good. I was trying to emulate them more than I was Desiree.

Toning With A Twist - 2 1/2 stars
Slim & Sexy Dancer's Abs - 2 1/2 stars
Sizzling Salsa - 2 1/4 stars
Red Hot Cardio Party - 3 3/4 stars

Comments

  1. I just bought this workout...getting back into the workout routine is going to be tough for me. But I think I will take this back and wait for my Zuma total body transformation instead.:) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review Saundra! I was thinking about getting this but it does not sound like these workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got this at Walmart and today I started with the sizzling salsa dvd. Let me tell you I am 215 lbs 5'2" so yes zi have quite alot to lose. I actually had fun although my big butt only made it 2/3 the way through! 3 dvds a workout guide and weight for $24 is really a good deal. I as covered in sweat and obut felt good .. thats what matters...I would recommend this to anybody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sounds like a good beginner latin video. i am with ya, im outta shape and need some where to start. im not too coordinated so this might fit me. im overwhelmed with zumba but maybe starting with this, i will eventually get myself ready for zumba. thanks for your input.

      Delete
  4. Well good for you. I am sure you will make it through the whole workout in no time. I always tell people they have to try the workout for themselves to know if they would really like it and it would suit there needs.

    I love the music in Sizzling Salsa and the cool down. I just did not care for the rest of it.

    Good luck with your fitness journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought this fitness pack yesterday, and tried it for the first time today. It is perfect for me! I have a lot of health issues, so I've gained 20 lbs in the last 3 months and I can't really work out much because of the pain it causes. But this workout is just enough to make me sweat, have fun, and not have to stop in the middle because of the pain. I'm sixteen years old, 5'2", 120 pounds, and I can't wait for this to tone me back up to my usual 100 pounds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this work out.! All the hip shaking and body twist..not to mention you break a good sweat afterwards a lot of motivation and eating healthy will have u dancing off those inches like intended :)) I wouldn't exchange my work out for nothing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought this today and i can"t wait to use it. I just had my second baby and gained 10 pounds and i feel really bad i cannot even look in the mirror, i was looking for the zumba fittnes but did not find it, so i end up getting this work out, i really hope it works

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the dvds but I cant find 30 day workout booklet. Can you post it for me? I haven't been able to find it online anywhere! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Day 1 - Sizzling Salsa
    Day 2 - Total Body Toner with a Twist
    Day 3 - Red Hot Cardio Party
    Day 4 - Sizzling Salsa followed by Slim & Sexy Dancer's Abs
    Day 5 - Rest
    Day 6 - Red Hot Cardio Party
    Day 7 - Total Body toning with a Twist followed by Slim & Sexy Dancer's Abs
    Day 8 - Rest
    Day 9 - Sizzling Salsa
    Day 10 - Total Body Toning with a Twist
    Day 11 - Slim & Sexy Dancer's Abs
    Day 12 - Rest
    Day 13 - Sizzling Salsa
    Day 14 - Red Hot Cardio Party followed by Slim & Sexy Dancer's Abs
    Day 15 - Total Body Toning with a Twist
    Day 16 - Rest
    Day 17 - Sizzling Salsa
    Day 18 - Total Body Toning with a Twist fp;;wed bu S;o, & Sexy Dancer's Abs
    Day 19 - Rest
    Day 20 - Red Hot Cardio Party
    Day 21 - Total Body Toning with a Twist followed by Slim & Sexy Dancer's Abs
    Day 22 - Sizzling Salsa
    Day 23 - Rest
    Day 24 - Total Body Toning with a Twist
    Day 25 - Sizzling Salsa followed by Slim * Sexy Dancer's Abs
    Day 26 - Red Hot Cardio Party
    Day 27 - Rest
    Day 28 - Total Body Toning with a Twist followed by Slim & Sexy Dancer's Abs
    Day 29 - Sizzling Salsa
    Day 30 - Red Hot Cardio Party

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought this pack yesterday and just tryed it tonight. I didn't know I had zero rythym till tonight. But I just kept moving and broke a good sweat. It could be more upbeat. The music is boreing but I'm gonna keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started today in I actually broke a sweat . I was really surprised

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi All,

    I have a few dance off the inches dvds and I love them. I have both the country line dance ones, the cardio strip tease, belly dance, ballroom, sizzling salsa, calorie blasting party. I think they are alot of fun. You save money from going to gym, and if you want an extra workout, I use weights. I find the dvd's very interesting. Although, I'm not a big fan of the hip hop ones. Thanks America for producing these fantastic workout dvd's.

    Rosie
    Shepparton, VIC Australia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review