FitPrime G-Force - Thoughts


This was my first rebounder workout and I really liked it. G-Force is a 53 minute Cardio & Weights workouts. It stars Tracie Long as the lead. In fact, Tracie does the whole workout by herself. There are no cast members.

If you think about old time FIRM AWT workouts, this is what G-Force reminds me of. However, instead of using the box step (fanny lifter) or floor for cardio, you use the rebounder.

On average, you are doing about 3 cardio tunes on the rebounder and then a sculpt set. Several of the sculpt sets use the rebounder as a prop or exercise tools. For instance, you do the leg press off the rebounder. The workout even includes floor work. The floor being the surface of your rebounder.
The set is okay - perhaps a bit busy. The music I like. Most of the workout is choreograph to the music and it flows well with the rebounder and sculpt sets.

As this was my first time really using my rebounder, I had to adjust to some of the movements. Tracie started off teaching you the foot pattern before adding arms and direction. The moves are simple. The challenge for me was in controlling the double bounce.

Along with the rebounder, dumbbells are used. Tracie is also wearing 1lb hand gloves.

The back of the DVD cover breaks down the workout like this:
rebounder warm up - 3 minutes
standing stretches - 3 minutes
cardio segment 1 - 8 minutes
weight segment 1 - 3 minutes
cardio segment 2 - 10 minutes
weight segment 2 - 4 minutes
cardio segment 3 - 8 minutes
weight segment 3 - 2 minutes
floor work (legs & core)- 8 minutes
Stretches - 3 minutes

I think this one is going to be a favorite. 4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review