Dance Off the Inches Hip Hop Body Blast - Thoughts

Hip Hop Body Blast is Jennifer Gilardi's third hip hop dance workout for Dance Off the Inches. This workout is about 45 minutes in length and like all Dance Off the Inches workouts or the ones I have, this workout has a Step Guide to teach you the moves. I never or rarely used the Step Guide. I will do the workout first and if I have trouble picking up a step, I will go to the step guide.
I didn't have any trouble picking up the steps in this workouts. The steps are basic and Jen repeats them enough so by the time we were moving on, I had picked up the move.

The DVD is chaptered. The sections of the workout are:
Warm Up
Dance 1: In The Club
Dance 2: Groovin
Dance 3: Kick It Up
Cool Down

Out of the three Jennifer Gilardi DOTI workouts, this one is my favorite. With the exception of the first tune in Dance 1, the music was really good and worked well with the choreography. I wasn't feeling the Hip Hop in that first tune of Dance 1.

There are two cast members in the workout and there isn't really a modifier. There is only one move, where Jen had one of the cast members jump in place, while Jen and the other member did a full spin.
There is quite a bit of repetition and layering. Jennifer does do a good job in keeping the workout moving.
I like this one.
3 3/4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review