Kelly Coffey-Meyer Start Here - Thoughts

My last workout for 2011 is KCM's Start Here from her 30 Minute To Fitness Series.
Start Here consist of two workouts, Workout 1 (Cardio) and Workout 2 (Toning).
Workout 1 is actually cardio and toning. The first half (about 12 minutes) is cardio . The second half (also about 12 minutes) is toning.

I did the Workout 2 yesterday evening and Workout 1 this morning. Both workouts use the same warm up. I really like the music in the Warm Up. It had vocals and the words are about "feeling sexy".

So I will start with Workout 2, since I did that workout first. So the Start Here DVD is touted as being beginner workouts. I agree with that in that the moves are basic and straight forward. There is not a lot , if any, compound multi-exercises going on. You are doing one exercise at a time. So this is the type of workout you can go really heavy if you want. There is nothing rushed about the workout. The tempo is fairly steady. I like this one.

Workout 1 (Cardio). I kind of wish this workout was all cardio although the cardio portion I felt to be very repetitive even though it is only 12 minutes or so. There are two pattern or mini routines. The first pattern starts with the Squat Pops, followed by leg abduction, knee pulls, repeaters and he's safe/touchdown. It was weird because with the last move (safe/touchdown), Kelly never added it back into the pattern. It showed up once and that was it.

The second pattern starts with 3 foot stops. I like the second pattern much better than the first. Kelly has a move called the squat hip rocks which was fun. The other moves are side jacks, rear jacks, and side hops.
The toning in Workout 1 is mostly functional fitness. Kelly states "do not go over 5lbs" for this section. Most of the toning has a shoulder emphasis to it. Even though I wish Workout 1 was all cardio, I actually like the toning section better than the cardio section.
I have included worksheets for both Workout 1 (Toning Section Only) and Workout 2.

Start Here Workout 1 - 3 stars
Start Here Workout 2 - 3 1/2 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review