Weight Watchers Punch! -Thoughts

Weight Watchers Punch! is one of those workouts I have had for awhile but I am just now getting around to doing it. I had to look at the back of the DVD cover to see when it came out. I could not remember if it was earlier this year or last year. It was last year.
So this DVD features Stephanie Huckabee and it contains three kickbox inspired workouts.
Beginner (30 minutes)
Intermediate (35 minutes)
Advanced (45 minutes)

I previewed the Beginner workout but I did both the Intermediate and Advance Workouts.
Essentially the three workouts are the same which annoyed me greatly. First the three workouts feature the same warm up and cool down. That was no big deal. But once you got into the workout, they pretty much resembled each other except for slight and I do mean slight variations. The intermediate workout has a little more content than the beginner and the advance workout a little more content than the intermediate mostly in the form of repetition.

Jab, Cross repeater knee - in all three workouts
Rock Step - in all three workouts
Jump Rope - in all three workouts
Hamstring Curl Elbow Strike or Row - in all three workouts
Heel Digs with Figure Eights - in two of the workouts
Jab to Front/V step - in two of the workouts

Now I know many of these moves appear in all Kickbox workouts but it was almost the exact same sequencing in all three. And it is three different workouts because Stephanie and the cast are wearing different outfit in each of the three workouts.

Speaking of the cast, there is a beginner modifier. The workout, however, is very easy to follow. Stephanie's cuing is excellent. In the intermediate workouts, she reminds you constantly that you are doing an intermediate workout and in the advance workout, she reminds you constantly that you are in an advance workout. The impact increases as you go from beginner through advance. She is always reminding you to keep up the energy.

There is a pattern to each of the combos. Stephanie teaches it by layering and taking it from the top. She puts moves together and then she break it down. So it takes some time for the combo to come together and this is done on both the right and the left sides.

I did the intermediate workout and I like the workout. Nice easy workout to practice your kickbox moves. I didn't get annoyed until I did the advance workout and it felt like I was doing the exact same workout as the intermediate. I then previewed the beginner and realize the moves were the same or very similar throughout.
The workout comes with pink weighted gloves.
I wish there was more variety between the three workouts, but for the two I did do I give it
3 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review