Victoria Johnson Technifunk 2 The Dance Attack - Review


Another blast from the past. I have been pulling out all of the first group of workouts that I have ever owned - well the ones I still have. In that pile is Technifunk 2:The Dance Attack!. It is a 30 minute cardio workout that features a warm up, a dance routine and a cool down.
This workout is fun fun fun and a real calorie burner. Although, the workout does starts off slow. The warm up is mostly isometric movements, shoulder roles and ribcage isolation with some stretching. Once it gets past that point, the workout picks up with some cool dance moves that Victoria breaks down in 1/2 counts and then she picks up the tempo with double count. You are doing a little bit of ballet, some jazz and some hip hop funk type moves.
There is a lot of repetition but it didn't get on my nerves like it did with Cher's Hot Dance. In fact, a couple of times, I even said to myself - "We need to do that part again".
Victoria is fun, and hip and motivating in her enthusiasm and instructions. I just felt a lot of energy flowing through the workout.
The music which features a DJ in the background is great, although at times I couldn't hear it - that could be due to wear and tear of my VHS. The set, however, is not so great. Although, I am not going to take off for that. Many people were not putting a lot of effort or thought in their sets back in 1992 which is when the workout was made.
Other than feeling that the warm up was slow, I really like this workout and had a great time with it.
4 1/2 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review