Chalene Johnson Turbo Fire - Review



November is coming to an end and so is my Turbo Fire rotation. The last of the workouts are Fire Class 30 and Stretch 40 Class.
Fire 30 Class clocks in at 30:57. It features one drill done twice but the drill is not done back to back. Chalene does the drill once at about the 20 minute mark or so and again at about the 12 minute mark. This is a fun workout. I thought the combinations flowed really well. This is probably my second favorite behind the Fire 45 EZ class. You get in, work real hard and then get out.
Stretch 40 Class is basically a yoga class or a stretch class done with yoga poses. It was just okay. I actually thought it was a bit long and boring. Chalene coaches throughout - constantly providing motivational tips. I like listening to Chalene but Stretch 40 is probably my least favorite out of all the Turbo Fire workouts.
Fire 30 Class - 4 1/2 stars
Stretch 40 Class - 2 1/2 stars
Summary of series:
I really like the series especially the cardio. At the same time I was doing these workouts I was also doing Cathe cardio workouts and in comparing the HiiT workouts particularly - one of the things I notice was that it was easier for me to get pump up for the Turbo Fire HiiT workouts - to give a little extra. I put that down to the pump up music and Chalene constantly telling me "You're are not tired".
Chalene does basically the same warm up and cool down for the various category of workouts. The Fire workouts have the same warm up. The HiiT workouts have the same warm up and the Sculpting workouts have the same warm up.
I really like the clock feature that BeachBody includes in their workouts; and the workouts are chaptered fairly well. Each chapter point is not listed but it is easy to skip back or forward if you want to repeat or do a certain segment.
Chalene also offers music louder options on the cardio workouts.
Overall, I give the series an A.

Comments

  1. Saundra, I just happened onto your blog via your collage post. Thank you so much for this! Your reviews have been a tremedous help to me. Wishing you the best this holiday season!
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lorrie.
    And Happy Holidays to you too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review