Cathe 2010 Intensity Workout - Initial Impressions


I will be offering additional thoughts on this workout at a later date, but for now I want to give my initial impression of Intensity.
I did the download version of this workout and from the download it is hard to see how things breakdown chapter wise.
The workout itself clocks in at 57:38.
It is roughly broken down into the following parts:
warm up - about 6 minutes
Step (high and low intensity) - 14 minutes
IMAX (step mini routine with blast) - 10 minutes
HiiT - 10 minutes
Lower HiiT - 10 minutes
Stretch - 7 minutes.
The HiiT portion does contain a clock count down but there is no set pattern as there is with 40/20 and 30/30. The HiiT pattern is random depending on the exercise.
The workout features all old or reused Cathe choreography. Therefore, if you are use to Cathe choreography you will have absolutely no problem in picking up the routines or moves - which is good because the workout does move. You are not resting much.
With the exception of Lower HiiT portion, much of the other portions of the workout contain high impact moves. Probably every other move you are hopping or jumping or flying.
I am happy to report that while mostly all the moves are repeat moves from Cathe's previous workouts, there were no "sculpt 7s". Yea! to that. I think I despise that move.
While doing the workout, the phrase "The Best of Cathe Cardio" kept popping into my head. I really feel that this is what the workout is about. This would be similar to a music artist putting out a "Greatest Hits DVD or the Best of ....DVD". If you take all of Cathe's other cardio workouts and pull out the best parts, you would get Intensity.
The best part about the workout to me thought is the music. Cathe and SNM did a good job on selecting high energy music. I think the music gave the workout a "newness" that the moves did not give to the workout and Cathe is excellent in her cuing and coaching.
I will say that when I saw the clip to this workout, I was most uninspired by what I saw. After doing the workout, I have to say I like it. The workout comes together quite nicely.
I plan to pick this up again in December and give it ago. Until then I am going to stamp it with 4 stars.

Comments

  1. Great review as always Saundra. Counting down the days until I get these dvds, I ordered from Mary so I'm guessing I'll have them in about 10days or so or less. Lucky you having the downloads. Very tempted to treat myself to a download of one of the workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan.
    The only reason I ended up getting the downloads was because I wanted workouts to use with the workout blenders.
    I haven't been happy with the workout blender. Have you tried it? Many of the workouts aren't chapter properly. By that I mean they cut off reps before the end of the set. So you are not doing the same thing on the left and right.

    Annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's annoying about the workout blender, it's a great idea in concept but how annoying that they cut off reps. I haven't tried any of the workout downloads. I wonder in the future if the workout blender will be the way to go once they fix it properly. I wonder if we'll be able to buy hardcopies of dvds in the next few years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review