Cher Body Confidence: Hot Dance - Thoughts


Yes, I know. I went back in time with this workout. This workout is one of the first 15 or so workouts videos that I had purchased.

In the beginning, for me anyway - it was Jane Fonda, CherFitness, and Tamilee Webb (Buns of Steel) that made up my repertoire of workout videos.

So Body Confidence consist of two workouts. A Hot Dance workout for cardio and a Mighty Band workout for resistance. I only did the Hot Dance workout which is led by choreographer Dorian Sanchez.

It has probably been at least 10 years since I have done this workout and I think my VHS was feeling its age because I could barely hear Dory and I don't remember that being the case.

The Hot Dance workout is 38 minutes of athletic style with a dance flair cardio. The workout features a warm up, one lengthy combo, and cool down/stretch.

There is a lot of "taking it from the top". So much so, that I started to get annoyed. Very very repetitive. Dory takes you through three or four iterations of each pass before she moves on to add something else.

The moves themselves are fun and very easy to pick up.

The best part of the workout is the soundtrack. Even 18 years later, that music still rocks and you can hear it.

Cher, of course has on a crazy outfit and the set resembles the FIRM sets of the BSS1/BSS2 years.

The repetitiveness makes me want to give it 2 1/2 stars but the music kicks up the star count to 3 stars. Also I burn 338 calories and I wasn't even going all out. I was just having fun and moving a bit.

So 3 stars.

Comments

  1. Oh wow this workout is definitely a blast from the past!! I remember doing Cindy Crawford workouts years ago too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review