The FIRM Aerobic Workout With Weights - Review


The FIRM's Aerobic Workout with Weights aka Aerobic Interval Training. I truly dislike when the makers or whoever changes the name of a workout.
This workout is lead b Sandahl Bergman. It is Volume 3 of the "Classic Series", taught in the "Live Class" format and is 60 minutes long.
Okay. It is not that I didn't or don't like this workout. Maybe it was all the alternating between the standing and floor work. First we were standing then going to floor and then standing again and back to the floor.
All of that just made it seem like this workout was never ending. Of course I could have been having an impatient workout day, but boy did this workout seem long.
And I like the workout. The only thing that I could really say I didn't care for was the sequencing of the workout and that only had to do with the "one arm french press". We do the right arm about 10 minutes into the workout and then some 40 minutes later, Sandahl does the left arm. I thought those two exercises could have been put closer together. And yes, that is minor.
I always felt that Volume 3 was the hardest of the 6 Classic workouts. It really is more aerobic than weight training. Most of the sets, certainly the standing are 4-limb in nature. There are one or two spots in the workout that you can go heavy.
I do think this is a high energy and solid workout, even if it did feel never ending. I like the variety.
Equipment used: weights, tall step, ankle weights.
4 out of 5 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review