Cathe - Body Max 2 Step Routine Only -Review


Body Max 2 Step Routine only- includes bonus cardio and ending stretch (approximately 40 minutes). I kind of made my own premix here. Cathe does include a Timesaver Cardio Only Premix but I don't really like that premix.
I have done the whole 97 minute workout several times but this go around I was just looking for cardio.
The warm up for this workout is way too long and therefore repetitive. It is a 9 1/2 minute workout and it felt longer than that to me. I know Cathe likes to give you a long and thorough warm up when you have a super long workout like this, but by the time we were going through the combo for the third time, I was getting bored.
Once you get pass the warmup, the rest of the step combos are okay. Right when I was thinking "Okay, we are not going to repeat this again, are we?", we were moving on. The music Cathe used was pretty catchy, mostly 80s. I happen to like 80s music so I was okay with the selection.
One of the things I notice about the workout, is that it is a high intensity workout without being super high impact. By that I mean, there weren't really any blast or intervals. So with the exception of a couple of Power 15s, most of the moves were steady state. There were a few occasions where Cathe gave you the option to lift the move or stay grounded.
The step routine in Body Max 2 is a very good cardio workout. My only gripe about it, is that it has a repetitive feel to it.
3 1/2 stars out of 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review