Step Forward - Review


Step Forward is a 50 minute plus step workout and it is Volume 3 in the Longevity series that features Tracie Long.
Mmmmmm. Where do I start? My first impression is that found it highly repetitious and boring. The step patterns/combinations were very basic. So there was no learning curve at all. (this is not a negative)
Tracie takes you through 5 step combinations with the step in the horizontal position and 3 step combinations with the step in the vertical position. As she went through each combination, she showed you varying levels that you could use.
Step Forward really works the legs. There were several times throughout the workout I felt my legs fatigue. This is mostly a result of doing the moves over and over again which for me translated into boredom.
Within the combinations, there were moves in the workout that I liked, but after the 10th time doing them, I was ready to move on.
The last 10 minute of the workout, Tracie took you to the floor for tricep dips, push ups, core and ab work. I have done three of the Longevity workouts and all three have included some form of push ups.
With the exception of three of the tunes, I thought the music was okay.
I am going to give this workout 3 stars. That rating might change when I do the workout again. Right now I am really lukewarm on it, but that is not to say that it wasn't challenging.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review