FitPrime Metaboost - Review

In 2005 or maybe it was 2004, Anna Benson founder of the FIRM started a new venture called WHFN or Women's Health and Fitness Network. Within this venture she created and produced 12 workouts. The 12 workouts were broken up into two series each containing 6 DVD workouts. The two series are called FitPrime and Kick Butt!.

The Kickbutt! workouts were a remake of her Original FitPrime workouts and the FitPrime workouts were made up of new material.

Metaboost is Volume 1 in the FitPrime Series. It is a 49 workout that has elements of pilates, cardio, yoga, and weights - with the primary emphasis being weights.
I like to call these workouts fusion workouts because of the way the different elements are blended together. These workouts and I have had them since they came out was for the most part the first time I was introduce to pilates and yoga. Since this time I have purchase several pilates workouts.

The set - absolutely gorgeous. The visual impact is stunning.
The music - terrific. I love the way Anna and Heidi choreograph the exercises to the music.
The workout - It was good. When I first used to do these workouts the yoga and pilates were the most challenging for me. I didn't have too much trouble with the moves today. The workout also uses non-dominant training. Meaning you start with your weaker side and work that side first.
While I like the cardio tunes, the actual segments weren't really much to speak of in terms of their cardio benefit. All the cardio segments were four-limb sets so you always had a pair of weights in your hands.
Overall I like the workout. The tempo and pace of the workout is slow.

3 1/2 stars out of 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review