30 Minutes To Fitness Muscle Definition Workout 1 - Review


This review is of Kelly Coffey-Meyer's 30 Minutes To Fitness Muscle Definition Workout 1 only.
The last time I did this workout, I did one of the full body pre-mixes and while I like the workout, I felt the pre-mix was disjointed.
In workout 1, which clocks in at 41 minutes and NOT 30 minutes, Kelly takes you through several compound joint exercises where all the major muscle groups of the upper and lower body are worked. There were a couple of exercises that even worked the core.
After the warm up, Kelly started with shoulders, she then inserted a leg exercise, next came biceps, and then a bicep leg exercise. After biceps, Kelly worked your back. In the back exercise, Kelly has you doing this one arm row catch type of move. I did one set with Kelly. Then I started following Lauren (the modifier) for the next set of these. During the third set, I modified once again, this time doing just a traditional 1 arm row. Something about this exercise, just wasn't clicking with me.
Dead lifts were next, then triceps, core and abductor work, chest and then hamstring work.
For the most part I really liked all the exercises; and the workout does move quickly.
With that said, it annoys me greatly that when a workout is called 30 Minutes To Fitness and it is NOT 30 minutes. I would even give it 3 to 4 minutes on either side of the workout but 5 or more minutes, is not 30 minutes; and 11 minutes is certainly too long.
Also the music is this workout is just not good. The only part of the music that was tolerable was music that was used in the warm up. I was seriously tuning it out.
I would give this workout 4 stars if it wasn't for the fact that the length exceeded 30 minutes and the music selection.
I really like Kelly. She is different and a breath of fresh air. At one point in the workout she is talking about weights; and she is saying if the weights are "too easy for you" if to lift them "is a piece of cake" then "don't eat the cake." I thought that was cute and quite timely.
3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review