Michelle Dozois Peak Fit Challenge Pure Strength 2 - Thoughts


Pure Strength 2 is approximately 50 minutes in length. It follows the same format as Pure Strength 1.
Which is:
Warm up
Back
Chest
Back
Chest
Legs
Arm/Shoulders
Legs
Arms/Shoulders
Stretch
During the warm up, Michelle first starts off without weights. After about 2 minutes, she grabs a set of light weights and takes you through a series of moves that show up later in the various sections.

While the various sections target a specific muscle group, Michelle does end each section with some type of full body exercise move.

Michelle coaches quite a bit - stopping to point out form. Also I notice that I need to pay attention to the television more, because along with coaching, Michelle chats a lot. Several times I thought she was still setting up the move and I look up at the TV and she had already started doing the exercise. I was waiting for a verbal start cue that did not come.

You are moving from exercise to exercise at a quick but steady pace. So while I included the list of exercises, there is really no time to record reps and weight plus she uses the band or your body weight for most of the exercises.

I really like the way this workout is constructed. I don' t think I like it any better than Pure Strength 1. The two are pretty similar with just some new variations in the exercises.

For this workout, I didn't even attempt to use the band that came with the Peak Fit workouts. Instead, I used dumbbells or tubing which worked fine.

3 1/2 stars

Comments

  1. I found this super similar to PS1 too. Wish she had mixed it up more. Still a good w/o though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, she could have varied the sequencing. Maybe start with a different body part.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review