The FIRM Hard Core Fusion - Thoughts



The FIRM's Hard Core Fusion is a 56 minute workout and it features Allie Del Rio as the lead. This workout was and I guess still is part of the FIRM's Cardio Weight Systems. I privately have dubbed this system as BSS5. This is the system that came with the pink adjustable hand weights. I have the hand weights. I never use the hand weights. Instead, I used my regular dumbbells.

This workout follows the classic FIRM pattern of aerobics and toning intervals. It starts with a warm up and then goes into a series of alternating toning and aerobic segments. The final toning segment includes ab work before going to the final stretch.


Now the FIRM has always tended to layer moves but in this series of workouts, they started giving the multi-joint/compound exercise moves names.

The Dip and Scoop (working legs and chest)

Power Press (squat and bicep curl)

Butt and Back Burner (deadlift, double arm row, one arm sweep)

Corkscrew (lunges front and back with a chop to the side)

Triceps Tummy Toner (triceps and crunch)

There is a bonus section on the DVD that breaks down these moves.

Also on the DVD is an Express Workout option that is 35 minutes.


Some of the music is good. Some not so good. The set is okay, I guess. When I first got this series, I was like "What happen to the great sets the FIRM use to have?" This workout was released in 2007.


This workout is okay. Allie does a good job cuing. I don't love the workout but I don't hate it either.

3 stars




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review