Michelle Dozois Peak Fit Challenge Pure Cardio



Pure Cardio from the Peak Fit Challenge system is a near perfect cardio workout - for me anyway.


It is less than an hour - clocking in at just over 50 minutes; and that includes a warm up and cool down.


It contains some of my favorite cardio elements - kickboxing, dance, and athletic hi lo. More importantly, it does not contain burpees, squat thrust, push ups (for the instructors who like to put push ups in a cardio workout) or the use of weights.


What I like about this workout is that practically all the moves can be modified to a low impact version without loosing any of the choreography of the workout. Also the soundtrack is pretty good - with the moves fitting the music well.


So within the Peak Fit Challenge System you have Interval Climbing.
The first level is called Base camp. Used of recovery.
The second level is Ascent. Used for strength and/or endurance.
The third level is Climb. Higher intensity. Fat burning level.
The fourth level is Peak. Metabolic stimulation. Very high intensity for a short duration.


In Pure Cardio you only do the first three levels and really it feels like you only do the Ascent and Climb level because Base camp is very brief throughout all the blocks.


Along with the warm up and cool down. There are four 10 minute blocks. Each block contains two 5 minute cycles. Essentially you are doing one cycle on the right and then you repeat the cycle on the left before moving on to the next block.


Michelle does the whole workout. No stopping to coach.


I love the moves in the workout; and as I stated at the beginning this is a pretty perfect cardio workout for me.


5 stars

Comments

  1. Great review Saundra, I love this workout!! I find the time flies by when I do this workout too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wondered Saundra, what are your thoughts on Peakfit in comparison to Firm Express? Is Firm Express worth buying too? Would it be good to do after Peakfit? I'm going to do Turbofire when I finish Peakfit next week but I could do Firm Express after Turbofire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, in terms of being likable, I like Peak Fit more than FIRM Express. For FIRM Express, I think of them as add ons (I think they are great for that). My definition of add on is that I have already done my morning workout and I want to do something in the evening, but I don't want to donate a lot of time. A 20 Minute FIRM Express workout is great for that.

    So for instance, I would do the Peak Fit workouts in the morning and then add FIRM express in the evenings. Same with Turbofire, I would do TFire in the morning and then add FIRM Express in the evening.

    However with all that said, I don't think there would be anything wrong with you adding FIRM Express after TurboFIRE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saundra,

    I really like Michelle's Peak 10 DVDs (Cardio Interval Burn & Cardio Strength & the "More" videos). Is this one of those renamed or part of a different system? I have searched for a place to purchase Pure Cardio and can't find it out there. I am always looking for more cardio. Thanks for your help and your great reviews!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stacy,

    A while back Michelle came out with a system called Peak Fit Challenge. It was a 10 DVD system and Pure Cardio was one of the workouts.

    It is similar to Cardio Interval Burn and More Cardio Interval Burn except it doesn't have the Peak phase.
    So it just does basecamp, ascent, and climb.

    Michelle, remade (refilm) to of the workouts for the system but all the other workouts are new.

    Her producers stop selling the system about 6 months ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review