The FIRM Slim Without the Gym - Thoughts



Slim Without the Gym is one of those workouts that I never get or got around to doing because it is hard for me to find a spot for it in my rotations.
The FIRM promotes the workout as a travel workout - One that you can take anywhere with you because the equipment that you will need or use for the workout is very easy to pack. The workout is a "kit" workout. Meaning it comes with a type of equipment, tool, accessory etc. The items that come with this workout are a jump rope, a tube (cord with handles) and a loop (band).


The workouts contains 4 individual workouts that you can combine for one long workout. If you click the "play all" button, the order of the workout is:
The Jump rope/Plyo section, (jump rope)
Upper Body Workout (cord and loop)
Lower Body Workout (cord and loop)
Core workout (cord and loop)
Each section is about 11 minutes or so, and each sections has its own warm up and cool down.


You can select each of these workouts individually from the DVD menu. They are listed as:
Brazilian Butt Lift
Armed and Dangerous
Tummy Tuck
Total Body Burn.


There is a bonus section on the DVD and within the bonus section, there is a chapter on Jump rope basics.
In the Jump rope section alone, I burn 119 calories. This section alternates jumping rope for about 2 minutes with plyo drills. The only thing that annoyed me about this section is that one of the plyo drills included squat thrust/burpees. Otherwise, I really like this section.


In fact, I like the whole workout a lot and I usually don't care for band type workouts.
The upper body section hit all the muscle groups. The lower body section has a great series of exercises and the core section was just all around solid. I like the way the cord and the loop is used throughout the workout. Great flow is what this workout has. I did think that with some of the exercises I didn't have enough resistance with the cord that came with the kit. So when I do the workout again, I will look for a cord with more resistance.


The workout features Annie Lee as the lead and it is 46 minutes long.


4 stars. I am actually tempted to give it 4 1/2 stars. The only thing I didn't care for in the workout is the one plyo section.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review