The FIRM Lower Body Split - Thoughts

Lower Body Split is a FIRM compilation workout. It is a 69 minute workout featuring the following FIRM instructors: Pam Cauthen, Taber Bruner, Carissa Foster, Jen Carman, Tracie Long, Tamela Hastie, Lisa Kay, and Dale Brabham.
The workout features various segments from FIRM Strength, Better Body & Buns, Maximum Cardio, Maximum Body Shaping, The Hare, Cardio Burn, FIRM Cardio and Power Cardio.
This is a long workouts. Within the 69 minutes, you are doing several sets of leg presses, lunges and squats. You work your lower body both in the standing position and on the floor.
The floor work includes shoot outs, lying leg lifts, hamstring curl, table work, and bridge work.
However, it is not all standing work and then all floor work. The floor work is interspersed throughout the workout and in between the standing sets.
There is a long set of abs or rather 3 short sets at the end of the workout.
The equipment list is long: dumbbells, fanny lifter, med ball, barbell, dowel, ankle weights, and 2 x 4 board.
Overall, I think this workout really had a good flow. Just when I had enough of the squats or lunges, it was time to go to the floor. I also felt the pace was good - that I had enough time to set up for the next exercise because you are moving equipment in and out of the workspace quite a bit.
I did think the workout was slightly too long. However, I really didn't feel that way until I got into the third set of abdominals and my workout still wasn't over.
What is really nice is that this workout is extremely well chaptered with a great DVD menu; something the FIRM is not known for with their DVDs. You can skip ahead or back between 15 different chapters. So I have to give them a bravo for that.

Yeah. I like this workout. 4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review