Cathe Circuit Max - Review


Circuit Max is a 60 minute plus workout that features cardio mostly and some weights. This is my second time doing this workout and I thought I had like the workout much better than when I did it yesterday.
The problem with the workout for me is the weight work. Circuit Max is definately heavy on the cardio and the weight sections left something to be desire. First the organization of it - Cathe led us in 6 cardio segments and each cardio segment was followed by a upper body muscle group combine with a lower body exercise (compound movement). I believe the sequence went shoulder, shoulder, bicep, triceps, triceps and then bicep again.
While you were doing the upper body exercise, you were combining that with lower body work such as squats, plie squats, lunges, static lunges etc. After the circuit part was finish, Cathe tack on a strength section, where you did "1 arm rows" to work the back, "pushups" to work the chest and plank work for the core. Then came the stretch.
Now I will say I did think the cardio was okay. The cardio was a mix of hi/lo, kickbox, and step.
The music was fast and okay.
I don't think I will be doing this workout again anytime soon. Something was missing for me.
2 1/2 stars out of 5 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review