Salad Blaster Bowl & Cup - Review


In a quest to eat healthier, I have been trying to incorporate a salad into my diet 4 to 5 times a week.
After experimenting as to when I was going to try to routinely do this, I came up with lunch as the best option.
Right around the same time as I came up with this plan, I started a new job. The new job came with a community refrigerator. Actually my old job had a community refrigerator but only 6 people shared that. At my new job a whole floor.
Any way, I would prepare my salad each day in one of those disposable Glad storage containers and I bought a whole bottle of the Zesty Italian Light salad dressing to go with it. I put the salad dressing in the refrigerator (along with everyone else who had done the same thing with their bottle of salad dressing and like most people I labeled it with my name and date).
So the second maybe third day I went to go get my salad and the dressing and there was no dressing. I search the refrigerator, open bins and nothing. Someone had taken my 2/3 full bottle of salad dressing.
To say I was irritated is putting it mildly. My salad dressing looked to be the only one missing and what's more I had mine name and date on it. This completely ruin my lunch that day.
So this is how I came by the Salad Blaster. The salad blaster comes as a cup or a bowl . The top to the cup or bowl has an place for your salad dressing. You pour the salad in the opening and seal the opening with its cap. When you are ready to eat your salad, you simply push on the top which forces the cap to open and releases the salad dressing into the container beneath it. Then you shake the bowl to mix the salad dressing with the salad. A great simple invention, and convenient.
The top holds about 2oz of salad dressing which is a lot.
Now my only gripe about these units and I have both the cups and the bowls. Is the "press button" on the top has a tendency to split. In fact I have had two tops split on me so far. When this happens instead of releasing the cap beneath it, the salad dressing comes back up through the top spilling itself on the outside of the top and thus making a mess.
The cost of the blaster are relatively inexpensive. I bought mine from Amazon and it is like $9.99 for a set of two.
Other things:
The bowls are self contain. I usually just eat my salad right from there. With the cups, I dump the salad onto a paper plate after I mix the salad with the dressing.
The top of the bowls doesn't feel like it snaps securely but I have yet to have one come off on me.
I really like this item.
4 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review