Ilaria Powerstrike Kickboxing Vol 6 - Thoughts


Powerstrike 6 is approximately a 50 minute kickboxing karate infuse workout.
The only thing that irritated me about this workout and most Ilaria workouts - are the camera angles. In the case of Powerstrike 6, there were camera angles that only showed the face and only showed the feet. Come on!!!
Other than that - loved the workout. Yes there were push ups in the warm up but I have just come to expect that from Ilaria and I just get down and do them.
Ilaria always does a good job of choosing music for her workouts. In PS6 the music match perfectly and every move occurs in time with the beat. So the workout really flows.
Something else you just come to expect from an Ilaria workout is lots of repetition. I think I am building up my endurance because for the most part I was able to keep up with most of the reps and you are doing a lot of reps - upwards to about 32 per punch and per kick.
So after the introduction (where Ilaria goes over the punches and the kicks), you start with a warm up. This is followed by a series of punching drills, then a series of kicking drills.
Next comes combination routines 1 and 2 on the right. Then you repeat the two combinations on the left side; and lastly cool down and stretch.
At first glance, you would not think the Powerstrike workouts are cardio intense, but I get some of my best calorie burns with these workouts.
Ilaria is excellent in her cuing, instruction, and form. Oh, there is this part in the workout where she and Omar demonstrate how to use a move in combat situation and another part where Ilaria turns her back to the camera to demonstrate how a move looks from that direction. She said she thought it would help - not me. I ended up tripping myself up trying to follow her from that view.
Powerstrike 6 - 4 stars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review