October 2010 Rotation


With the exception of having to forgo my runs due to knee issues, I made all of my scheduled workouts for September. Overall I really enjoyed the 5 week rotation I put together for last month. Amy's cardio was a blast to do and the 3 days split workouts were excellent for the rest factor that type of rotation gives.
Now for October 2010. The workouts for October were chosen so that I can maximize calories burn. The workouts are a combination of cardio and cardio + weight style workouts.
I have purchase a bodybugg which I plan to start using on Sunday, to help me keep track of calories consumed or burned. The bodybugg is a personal calorie management system that I am hoping will tell me where I am going astray in my quest to loose weight. I bought the bodybugg from QVC so I get 30 days to try it out and determine if it is for me.
October 2010 rotation breakdown:
Sunday is Cathe Circuit - Low Impact Circuit and Drill Max are two of my favorite Cathe circuit workouts. I added High Step Challenge because each time I had scheduled this workout for whatever reason I ended up not doing it. So that got the first slot in the rotation. I was going back and forth over the last workout. I finally decided on Step, Jump, & Pump, but I was also considering Boot Camp Intensity and Cardio & Weights from the Intensity series as well.
Monday is Ilaria Kickboxing - Originally I had The FIRM's Pink Cardio Sculpt workouts scheduled for Monday, but all of my Ilaria workouts came in plus I have borrowed Powerstrike 3 Millennium and need to get that back to its owner. So I decided to do Ilaria Kickboxing for Monday.
Tuesday is Step Aerobics - Just some of my favorite Step Aerobic workouts that I haven't done for a while. The new one here is Kelly's Ready Step Go. I haven't done that workout yet. I probably should have put it in the 1st Tuesday slot instead of the last.
Wednesday is The FIRM Aerobic Weight Training - Before the "Pinks". I love this style of FIRM Cardio Sculpt workouts. In deciding which workouts to do here, I was looking for a 50/50 split of Cardio and Weight segments.
Thursday is Cardio Kickboxing - Well I just had a blast with Amy Step and Hi Lo Cardio, so I decided to add her Kickboxing Cardio workouts in; and Tracey Staehle's "Cardio Kickbox Challenge" is still my favorite purchase of 2010.
Friday is Kelly Circuit - The new workout in this group is "The Shape of Things to Come" and Circuit Burn is in the top 5 of my favorite purchases in 2010.
Saturday is Rest. Well I am suppose to be doing a 5K October 16. The jury is still out on that. Right now it is a no. Maybe I will just try to walk the 5K. Otherwise Saturdays are rest days this month.

Comments

  1. Your October rotation looks really good Saundra, you have some tough workouts in there. That's a really good idea to try out a Bodybugg, I've read good reviews on it. Tempted to put one on my Christmas list, I'd love to know my calorie burn and heart rate. I sometimes think that my heart rate even goes quite high in strength training workouts. I did Cathe's Muscle Max this morning and I think my heart rate was quite high. I'm going to work myself up to doing her full Gymstyle workouts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review