The FIRM Aerobic Body Shaping - Review


I did a search of my blog posts and was shocked to find that I have not blogged about The FIRM's Aerobic Body Shaping workout.
Aerobic Body Shaping is a 55 minute aerobic & weight training workout led by Allie Del Rio.
It is one of 6 workouts that was made for use with The FIRM's TransFIRMer.
Aerobic Body Shaping (ABS) does an excellent job of implementing the traditional FIRM style workout of the original (late 80s early 90s) aerobic weight training volumes. It was release in late 2005 early 2006. I can't believe it has been that long ago.
ABS alternates sculpting segments with cardio segments. The cardio segments have basic choreography but the moves are fun - very easy to follow and pick up. The sculpting segments have a nice flow and include traditional weight work. The exercises are sequence so you can go heavy with your weight selection if you want too. Also, the FIRM signature moves are included in this workout (i.e. leg press and tall box climbs).
The tempo of the workout moves at a nice pace. Everything seems to fit in this workout including the music. It flows. Allie also does a wonderful job in cuing the workout, providing precise and clear instruction.
As mentioned, this workout does use the TranFIRMer. I think the FIRM's TranFIRMer is one of the most underused (although cumbersome) piece of workout equipment I have. It is very versatile. It can be used as a full 14 inch step, 8 inch step or 6 inch step. It can also be used in the incline position. I would love to see more workouts made for this piece of equipment.
Aerobic Body Shaping is an excellent workout and I would definitely include it in my top 10 if not top 5 FIRM workouts.
4 1/2 stars

Comments

  1. Do you think this workout can be used with the purple and blue fanny lifter or is the transfirmer imperative for this workout? I want more classic style FIRM workouts but I don't want to buy new equipment.

    lesley.taylor@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lesley,
    I thought about this and I wouldn't say it is imperative.
    To modify this workout, I think you will be doing quite a lot of it on the floor.
    You will not be able to use the Fanny Lifter for moves that are perform when the TransFIRMer is in the "T" position which is its incline position.

    I believe there are two cardio section in ABS that use the TransFIRMer in the "T" position and a series of sculpting moves.
    The sculpting moves are chest press, chest fly, double are row, lunges and I think dips.
    All the moves can be done on the floor.

    The fanny lifter can be used for Leg Press, the one arm row, and tall box climb.
    Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review