Cathe - Gymstyle Series Thoughts


Lots of images for you. Out of all the 3 day split series I have, Cathe's Gym Style series is my favorite. The workouts in the Gym Style series are Gym Style
Chest & Triceps, Gym Style Legs, and Gym Style Back, Shoulder & Biceps.

The two upper body workouts clock in at 48 and 50 minutes respectively and the
Leg workout is approximately 64 minutes. Also these three workouts, as you can see, come as their own DVD.

All three workouts featured traditional exercises with bonus burns thrown in at the end of the last set. The things that stood out to me:
In Chest & Triceps, the workout starts off with drop set push ups counting down from 16
and subtracting two reps as you move down the pyramid . That was tough for me as push ups are not my favorite.

In Back, Shoulder, & Biceps, their is an exercise called "Modified Back Extensions" that appear. It is similar to "super mans" but you are doing them off the step. I thought this a unique twist.
In Gym Style Legs, you do standing and floor toning. The floor toning segments uses a Stability Ball. The "Tibialis Anterior Toe Pulls" is the exercise of note here. You always see exercises for the calves but rarely for the shin area. So I like when this exercise appears in a workout.
Equipment used in the workouts include: step, barbell, dumbbells, band and stability ball.
The only thing I wished was that the Leg workout was around the same length of time as the two upper body workouts.
I give the Gym Style series 4 stars across the board.
Gym Styles Chest & Triceps - 4 stars
Gym Styles Legs - 4 stars
Gym Styles Back, Shoulder, & Biceps - 4 stars

Comments

  1. I like the Gymstyle workouts too, I'm still only doing the timesaver version of them probably to avoid the 64 push ups in the chest and tricep dvd. I think it will definitely take me a while to build up to 64 push ups.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review